Principles of Competency-based Education
About this Learning Experience
Learn how competency-based education differs from traditional education. Explore practical exercises, work samples, and assessments to help you grasp the principles for designing competency-based education.
This module will introduce strategies to apply the principles of competency-based education to educational and workforce settings. At the end of the learning experience, you should be able to:
- Define competency-based education
- Identify the key principles of competency-based education
- Describe the stages of competence
- Identify competencies and conduct a needs assessment
- Differentiate between competency-based education and traditional education
- Align assessments to competencies and objectives
Approximately one hour, two weeks allotted for completion
Included in product
- Rich Learning Content
- Interactive Quizzes
- Work Samples
- Practical Application
- Taught by Subject Matter Experts
- Self-Paced Learning
*There is a 24-48 hour lag between the registration and access to the online module.
You will receive an e-mail once you have registered and have access to the course.
You will have two weeks to complete the module from the time you registered.