The Complete Series Package – Competency-based Education
About this Learning Experience
This series of online modules takes you through the process of designing competency-based education for your organization. Experience practical exercises, work samples, assessments, and competency profiles to help you organize your content into a curriculum. You will gain access to assessments to help you evaluate and improve the learning outcomes and effectiveness of your curriculum.
These modules are designed for career and technical education professionals, corporate training specialists, course designers, training coordinators, curriculum specialists, and educational specialists interested in developing a Competency-based Education program.
Upon the completion of this learning experience, you should be able to:
- Define competency-based education
- Identify the key principles of competency-based education
- Describe the stages of competence
- Identify competencies and conduct a needs assessment
- Differentiate between competency-based education and traditional education
- Align assessments to competencies and objectives
- Explain how competencies are identified in competency-based education
- Summarize occupational analysis within competency-based education
- Describe how competencies are verified
- Explain the role of task analysis in competency-based education
- Differentiate functional task analysis and cognitive task analysts
- Describe how a task analysis helps determine learning objectives
- Identify measurable learning objectives
- Explain the stages of backward design
- Describe how chunking and scaffolding help learners navigate content
- Identify six principles of producing quality curriculum
- Explain how to align curriculum to levels of cognitive difficulty
- Differentiate mastery- and time-based progression
- Define the purpose of assessments
- Identify the criteria for well-constructed assessments
- Explain how to use assessment results
We know this period of uncertainty is challenging, and we have reduced the price of these learning modules from $1,000 to $490 to support you in the investment of your own professional development. We applaud you for taking this time to be proactive, learn new skills, and advance your career.
Approximately six hours, six weeks allotted for completion
These online modules provide an asynchronous (does not take place in real-time), self-paced learning experience available 24/7 that allows six weeks for completion. You will engage with pre and post self-knowledge checks, videos, and real-world scenario examples designed to bring the content to life in a dynamic, flexible format without the constraints of a scheduled class meeting time.
You will earn digital badges and non-credit academic certificates upon completion of the online modules. Our non-credit academic certificates are designed for professionals who complete a minimum number of equivalent contact hours of online education modules with or without continuing education units (CEUs), in a select topic area.
Included in product
- Rich Learning Content
- Interactive Quizzes
- Work Samples
- Practical Application
- Taught by Subject Matter Experts
- Self-Paced Learning
- Digital Badges
- Non-Credit Academic Certificates